Loadrunner from HP is the most widely used Load Testing tool. Load Test Results produced by Loadrunner are used as a benchmark. This class is geared to make you a Loadrunner pro!
Who Can take this course – Target Audience: -
- 10th & 12th class students
- Undergraduates, Graduates and Post-Graduates
- Post graduate students – BCA, MCA, B.Tech , M.Tech
Pre-requisites for the Class: -
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of programming techniques would be an advantage
Course Content: -
- What is Architecture
- The importance of Architecture for performance testing.
- Understanding servers
- Web/ APP/ DB Servers and their purpose
- What is Protocol
- Different types of protocols and understanding HTTP protocol.
- Different types of Architectures
- 2- Tier, 3- tier, n- tier architecture.
- Static Content, Dynamic Content
Introduction to Performance Testing:
- What is Testing - Functional Testing and non-Functional Testing?
- What is Performance Testing?
- Why Performance Testing?
- Common Performance problems
- Performance Testing process.
- Performance Testing phases / Life Cycle
- Performance testing tools
- Benefits of Performance Testing
- Types of Performance Testing (Load, Stress, Volume, Endurance & Scalability)
- Identifying the business scenarios for Performance Testing
- Think time, rendezvous point, IP Spoofing
- Workload Modeling
- What are Non- Functional requirements
- Different types of Requirements - Product requirements & Process requirements.
- Deriving NFRs
- NFRs Verifiability.
- Performance testing requirements analysis.
- Collect performance requirements data
- Infrastructure Data
- Growth Data
- Transaction Data
- Workload pattern Data
- Quality of Service (QoS) Data
- Data retention Information.
Introduction to LoadRunner:
- What is LoadRunner?
- Why LoadRunner?
- LoadRunner Components
- LoadRunner Protocols
- Protocol Advisor
- LoadRunner Architecture
- How LoadRunner works?
- Load Test Process
- What is Vugen?
- Why Vugen?
- Vugen Workflow
- Vugen Recording options
- What is Correlation?
- Why Correlation?
- Web_reg_save_param() function
- Web_reg_save_param() function with regular expression
- How to identify which values to correlate
- Correlation Rules
- What are checkpoints?
- Types of checkpoints?
- What are Transactions?
- Why Transactions?
- Syntax with example
- Nested Transactions with syntax and example
- Transaction naming standards
- Comments in the script:
- Why use comments in the scripts?
- How to insert comments in the scripts?
- Vugen Logs:
- Vugen logs
- Recorded log
- Replay log
- Compilation errors
- Runtime Data
- Script Structure:
- Script Structure
- Multiple action files
- Script Rules
- What is Parameterization?
- Why Parameterization?
- Objectives of Parameterization
- Parameter types
- Simulate Parameters
- Parameter Properties
- Parameter combinations
- Basic C functions and LR functions
- RunTime Settings
- Run Logic
- Think Time
- Speed Simulation
- Browser Emulation
- Blocks – Multiple Actions
- Think time vs Pacing
- Script covering all topics
- Web Tours application script which covers all the above topics.
- Advanced scripts covering following topics
- Using correlated parameters as an array.
- Randomly picking values from drop-down list
- How to create a File to store data?
- What is Controller?
- Different kind of Scenario’s (Basic Schedule, Real World Schedule, by group, by scenario)
- Scenarios Creation.
- Adding Load Generators and verifying the connectivity
- Load Generators, Calculating the # of LGs for a load test.
- Run Time settings
- Executing the tests
- Post-execution activity
- Monitoring servers through controller
- Windows resources.
- What is Analyzer?
- Auto Load Analysis
- Session Explorer
- Analyzer Graphs
- Analyzer Reports
- Auto Correlate
- Cross Results
- Merge Graphs
- Web Page Diagnostics
Performance Bottleneck Analysis:
- What are Bottlenecks?
- Sources of data
- Load Testing tool data
- Typical Parameters monitored for Bottleneck analysis
- Bottleneck Analysis – Some Heuristics
- Performance Tuning – A Sample Case Study
- The project covering all the above topics.
- The project should be completed by students within 7 days after completion of the course.
- Key will be provided after the project submission.
- Resume guidance.
Recommended next Course after this course: -
- Manual Testing
- Web Development
Contact Us: -
Call Us on +91-7023080553 , 0141-2297567 OR
email us at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org